Hi, friends! Welcome to the premium edition for medical aspirants, who want to take MBBS admission in the top medical colleges in India. This page is filled with information for students who want to take medical admission.
First of all, I would like to tell you that if you want to take admission in MBBS you must qualify the NEET-UG entrance exam. Yes, it is true that NEET qualification is mandatory for admission into any medical college. Even if you want to take MBBS admission through management quota or NRI quota, you have to qualify NEET UG.
Majority of the candidates are not able to crack through the government medical colleges and hence they have to move to the other option, that is private management MBBS seats.
Most of the information available online about MBBS admission is not updated. Practically there is nothing like “Direct admission in MBBS”. Yes, you heard it right! All the medical seats are filled by centralized counseling conducted by MCC and respective authorities of state government. For example, in Karnataka, the counseling is conducted by Karnataka Examination Authority and in UP counseling is conducted by Directorate General of Medical Education and Training.
You don’t trust me? Check the link about the same below.
You might be thinking that you have seen a lot of links online where they claim to provide you direct admission. Yes, after the counseling procedures are over the seats left are given for direct filling by the college.
It is possible to get admission through management quota before the seats get filled in the government stated fees. I know the fees fixed by the authorities in a few states are high. But, there are high chances to get your seat.
Now coming to the point, I will tell you how I could help you out.
We have complete information about the fees structure including hostel, deposits, extra fees, counseling procedures, etc. We are very much social and updated within the industry. We could help you go through the counseling procedures and also have a word with the colleges for the lowest fee structure for MBBS admission. You can also easily get admission to private medical colleges without any donation.
Read on to get the complete information.
Before you take admission into any of the private medical colleges, I want you to know a few things like the course structures, subjects you have to study, admission procedure, frequently asked questions about MBBS admission, etc.
In this post I will be telling you about:
- MBBS Course.
- Subjects to study in MBBS.
- MBBS Employment Areas.
- Eligibility for taking MBBS Admission.
- Admission procedure.
- NEET UG.
- Fee Structure for MBBS Admission.
- MBBS Abroad.
- How to select a medical college for doing MBBS?
- Unique features of our MBBS admission consultancy program.
- Benefits of my educational consultancy program.
- List of recommended private medical colleges.
There are a lot of MBBS admission consultants out there and we are completely different from them. We have a special expert team, who deal with only medical admissions and its procedures. We deal with only selected courses so that we can give 100% satisfaction to our candidates.
We will also provide our candidates with great benefits, which will surely be useful in your future. 😀
Before that, I would like to give you a complete idea about the MBBS course.
Everything You Must Know About MBBS Course
MBBS or Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery is a 5.5-year undergraduate health and science course with 4.5 years of academic studies and 1 year of compulsory internship.
MBBS is one of the most opted course after 12th in the health and science industry.
Course duration: 5.5 Years – 4.5 Years + 1 Year Internship.
Field: Health and Science.
If you want to become a medical doctor, then MBBS is the only course available in India. To become a doctor the skills needed are:
- Calm mind to work up with a team.
- Soft like a ladies finger: Must be able to deal with soft and hard cases.
- A lions heart: Must have the courage to deal with any kind of case and panic.
- An eagles eye: Must observe every movement to give the best treatment.
- Helping nature.
- Positive attitude.
- Alert mentally.
These are just a few things you must and will build up during your 5.5 years of studies.
Before you join any course, I would suggest that every candidate must know what he will be studying in the course. To give you an outline of the course, I have listed all the subjects in MBBS admission.
Subjects to Study in MBBS
The major list of subject areas you have to study are:
- Human Anatomy: Here you will learn about the shape and form of the human body.
- Human Physiology:
- General Medicine.
- Ear, Nose, and Throat.
- Forensic medicine.
- General Surgery.
If we divide the subjects into a semester or category wise then it will be in three stages. They are as follows:
- Part 1: Human Anatomy, Human Physiology, and Biochemistry.
- Part 2: Forensic Medicine, Community Medicine, Pathology, Microbiology, Pharmacology and OPD.
- Part 3: Pediatrics, Surgery, and allied subjects, Clinical postings, Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
After your academics you will also have to attend a one-year compulsory internship, during which you have to learn the following:
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
Where You Will Be Employed After MBBS?
After your MBBS course, you can work in various fields. I had listed down a few areas you can work to secure your future after MBBS.
- Private clinics.
- Medical Colleges.
- Nursing homes.
- Pharmaceutical companies.
- Health care centers.
- Health departments.
- Medical trusts.
- Biotechnology companies.
- Biomedical corporates.
- Research centers.
These are just the major areas where an MBBS doctor can work after MBBS. There are many other options as well to work after completing your MBBS course.
Eligibility for Taking MBBS Admission
As I told you before MBBS is a 5.5-year undergraduate health and science course and it is one of the most opted course after completing 12th. The candidates must have passed 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as the core subjects.
To take MBBS admission the candidates must qualify the following:
- The candidate must be at least 17 years of age as of December 31st of the year of taking admission and a maximum of 25 years of age. There is a 5-year relaxation for OBC, SC and ST candidates.
- Candidates must pass 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English. The subjects must be passed separately too.
- The candidates must score at least 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in aggregate also. And if the candidate belongs to OBC, SC, ST categories, the candidate has to score at least 40% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology separately.
- Last but not least, the candidate must also qualify the NEET UG entrance exam. NEET qualification is mandatory for joining any of the medical colleges.
MBBS Admission Procedure
To be frank, the admission procedure for MBBS is a bit complicated. Read this carefully to understand the complete procedure for taking MBBS admission.
First of all, the candidate must meet the eligibility criteria and also qualify NEET UG.
I would like to tell you that all admissions to medical colleges are done through centralized counseling. There are two counseling one is conducted by the MCC and other by respective authority of state government.
The basic steps for MBBS admissions are as follows:
- Qualify NEET exam.
- Choose where to join, I mean the which state you want to join.
- Register for online counseling of the respective state.
- Complete your document verification procedures.
- Attend online counseling.
- Lock the choice of college you want to join.
- If you secured a seat, pay the fees and download the allotment letter.
- If not, attend the MOP-UP round of the counseling and get a seat.
Note: You must register for the counseling if you want to get MBBS admission in India. Later if you take direct vacant MBBS seat without registration, it will be invalid.
If you want to get a medical seat in Karnataka, you must register online in the KEA or Karnataka Examination Authority website.
Then verify your documents by going to the verification center. After a few days, online counseling will start and you have to attend it.
The procedures for MBBS admission is different in different states.
NEET UG 2019
NEET or National Entrance cum Eligibility Test is conducted by the CBSE for admission to MBBS, BDS, and AYUSH course. Every candidate must qualify the NEET-UG entrance exam to take MBBS admission.
For MBBS admission you don’t have to attend any other entrance exams.
The NEET UG examination is 2019 is on 5th May 2019. You check the below link to know more about NEET.
Fee Structure for MBBS Admission
The fee structure for MBBS in any private medical college is decided by the government. The fees depend on colleges and states. The government came up with NEET and centralized counseling just to get rid of the donation issues.
But, it is not as easy as it is. In most of the medical colleges in India, the fees are very high. But in some states like Kerala, the tuition fees come around 6 lakh per year.
There is no exact fee structure we can provide you for medical seats. The reason is that the fee differs in different colleges and states.
But as of my knowledge, in most of the cases for private medical admission, it will cost you around 60-80 lakhs in a very good medical college. This will mostly include tuition fees, registration charges, hostel fees, mess fees, transportation charges, material charges, etc.
If you opt for MBBS abroad then the total package will come around 20-30 lakh including everything depending on the universities. But, after you complete your course from abroad, then you have to clear the MCI screening test to work in India. If you could clear that, then that would be the best part.
MBBS Admission Abroad
If you are not able to afford MBBS admission in India, you can surely opt for MBBS abroad. There will be a total package difference of at least 50 lakhs. The only difference is that, after you complete MBBS from abroad, you have to clear the Medical Council of India’s screening test to work in India.
From last year, NEET qualification is a must for students who wish to join MBBS in other countries.
There are a lot of opportunities available like MBBS in Russia, MBBS in Ukraine, etc.
But, before joining any university, check whether the university is recognized by the Medical Council of India and also whether they teach you in English. If they teach students in the local language, then it will be a bit difficult for you.
For studying MBBS in foreign countries, it will cost you around 20-30 lakh for the total course.
Selecting A Good Medical College for MBBS Admission?
I would suggest all the students select a reputed medical college. By reputed, I never meant a costly and premium medical college. You are going to work on the human body and you could never make a mistake. So practical experience and patients are musts.
The major things you must see while selecting a medical college are:
- Approval: Check whether the medical college is approved by the government of India.
- Affiliation: See whether the medical college is affiliated to a reputed university. You can check the respective university website for more details.
- MCI Approval: Check in the medical council of India website whether the college is recognized. Last year around 10 medical colleges in India were barred from taking admission. Please do check with the list.
- Patient exposure: As I told you earlier, you are working in medical filed and you will be working on the human body. So to learn the treatment procedures you must have good practical experience. If the college doesn’t have enough patients, you won’t be able to learn. So choose colleges with very good patient exposure.
- Faculties: The faculties must be good, especially in the clinical departments. I mean to have good lecturers. I had seen in a few colleges, the teachers never give cases to students.
- Facilities: The college must have modern treatment facilities used for the treatment of patients. See whether the college has the latest types of equipment and laboratories.
- Departments: Check how each department are, especially clinical departments. Clinical departments must be the best in all medical colleges.
- Fee Affordability: I had seen many medical colleges with very high extra fees for examination, repetition, transportation, hostel, mess, etc. Before joining the college, ask about the extra fees you will be charged every year.
- Hostel and Food: I know most of the colleges have below average food. But, there are few medical colleges with hygienic hostel and food. At least the place where you stay must be hygienic. Most of the colleges have good rooms. If needed, you can also choose air-conditioned rooms.
- Location and Climate: I know people don’t care about the location of any college. But, I would suggest you see it too. The college must be easy to reach from the city and also the place must be well connected by road, rail, and air. Please do see to the climatic condition of the place too.
Frequently Asked Questions About MBBS Admission
Most of the candidates and parents call me before reading this part. I can understand that they are a bit tensed about their admission formalities. But, if possible I would request you to read this FAQ, which will clear most of your doubts.
1. Can I get MBBS admission without qualifying NEET UG exam?
No. You must qualify NEET-UG entrance exam if you want to get MBBS admission in any of the medical colleges.
2. For joining MBBS in management or NRI quota, should I qualify NEET?
Yes, even you taking MBBS admission through NRI or management quota, you must qualify NEET-UG without fail.
3. Can I take MBBS admission without attending the counseling?
No, you must attend the counseling procedures if you want to take admission in any medical college. Please don’t forget to register for the counseling procedure.
4. What will be the fee structure for taking admission in any medical college?
The fees will be different in different medical colleges. For private college management seats, it would cost you somewhere around 60-80 lakhs including your extra fees.
5. Should I pay any donation for MBBS admission?
No, you don’t have to pay any donation for joining a medical college. NEET UG and centralized counseling had been introduced to cut off the donations. But, still, the tuition fees and extra fees in many states are very high.
6. Apart from tuition fees, what all extra charges will be there?
You will have to pay hostel, mess, material fees, uniform, books, and examination fees. But, in a few colleges, they will charge transportation and a few other fees too. Depends on the colleges too.
7. Is there any extra service charge, I must pay?
In most cases, I will be telling you the fee details including my service charge. So, there won’t be anything extra in it.
8. Should I qualify NEET UG if I want to take MBBS admission abroad?
Yes, you must qualify NEET-UG entrance exam if you want to take MBBS admission abroad also.
9. How many seats are allotted for MBBS in India?
There are around 480 colleges and 68000 seats under the NEET exam. Around 800 seats in AIIMS and 200 Seats in JIPMER.
10. What is the average salary of an MBBS doctor in India, 2019?
Salary actually differs depending upon city and Hospital. On average, it will be starting from around twenty-five thousand to three lakhs per month. Which depends on the salary, the college you finished your course, the city you are going to work, the number of patients in that hospital and many more aspects.
The sector is also a very important aspect of whether you are working in a private hospital or Government hospital. If you are in govt sector starting salary will be around sixty-five thousand, that too depends on which state you are working with. States like Kerala is paying very high compared to some other states.
10. Can I work anywhere in India after the completion of the course?
Yes, you can. If you completed four and half years of academic and one-year internship in any recognized medical college you can work anywhere in India.
11. Which state is the best for MBBS admission in India?
It depends on which state you are coming from. But I will recommend Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Pondicherry, UP, Delhi, Maharashtra, and Kerala, because of the patient’s exposure, quality of the colleges and standard of education in these states.
12. How many NEET exams are held in a year?
Only one NEET exam per year, If you are disqualified in that you have to wait for the next year NEET.
13. How many languages are there for NEET exam?
11 Languages, Other than English there are 10 more regional languages available for NEET exam.
14. How many Questions are there in NEET exams?
180 Questions, Each Question with 4 marks each. Total of 720 Marks.
Best Features of Our MBBS Admission Consultancy Program
We are into the educational and admission consultancy business for 13 years due to the features we provide to our clients and the support we provide. I had tried my best to provide the best features to all my clients.
- NEET Counseling Support: We will support you completely during the online counseling procedures and help you get MBBS admission in the top medical college in India. We will help you during all procedures like online registration, document verification, choice filling, etc.
- College Selection: We are updated about most of the private medical colleges in India. We will help you choose a good medical college for MBBS admission within your budget.
- Loan Paper: We can help you get the loan paper and supporting documents from the college and university. It will help you clear the educational loan easily.
- Easy and Secure Payments: You don’t have to pay anything towards us till the complete procedure is over. All the tuition fee payments are made through the government via counseling procedure. Payments should be made in demand draft and cash only.
- Medical Experts: We have a team of medical experts, who can guide you exactly through the counseling procedures and selection of a best medical college.
- Slot Booking Facility: Our medical counselors work on a slot basis. We don’t take more than 1700 medical aspirants per year. The reason is that we have to guide each one of them through counseling and other procedures. To provide quality service, we work in a professional way. If you want to book your slot, you can contact our career experts by clicking the below button.
Benefits PKEdutech Provide Our Students
We provide a few benefits for all the candidates, who take admission through our consultancy. The major benefits we provide are listed below.
- Scholarships: We provide scholarship facility for deserving candidates. In MBBS, we provide the scholarships only to students going abroad. Indian medical colleges have not yet come up with any scholarship schemes. If anything comes in for Indian colleges, we will update it here.
- Educational Kit: We will provide all the candidates with an educational kit, which will surely be helpful in your future.
- Discounts and Offers: We have our own Facebook group for our students, where we will be surely adding various discounts and offers which will be useful for you.
We are also planning and will come up with a few more benefits, which will be updated here. We came up with the Facebook group only a few months before.
List of Recommended Medical Colleges for MBBS Admission
- Fathima Institute of Medical Science.
- Narayana Medical College, Nellore.
- PES Institute of Medical Science and Research.
- Shubarti Medical College and Hospital, Meerut.
- Adichunchanagiri Institute of Medical Science.
- AJ Institute of Medical Science and Research Center.
- Al-Ameen Medical College, Bijapur.
- BGS Global Institute of Medical Science, Bangalore.
- East Point College of Medical Science and Research Center, Bangalore.
- Father Mullers Medical College, Mangalore.
- JSS Medical College, Mysore.
- JJM Medical College, Davengere.
- Kanachur Institute of Medical Science, Mangalore.
- Kasturba Medical College, Manipal.
- Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore.
- KS Hegde Medical Academy, Mangalore.
- KVG Medical College, Sullia.
- MS Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore.
- MVJ College and Research Hospital, Bangalore.
- Navodaya Medical College, Raichur.
- Rajarajeshwari Medical College and Hospital, Bangalore.
- Sapthagiri Institute of Medical Science and Research Center, Bangalore.
- Shree Devi Institute of Medical Science and Research Hospital, Tumkur.
- Srinivas Institute of Medical Research Center, Mangalore.
- Sri Siddhartha Medical College, Tumkur.
- Subbaiah Institue of Medical Sciences, Shimoga.
- Vydehi Institue of Medical Science and Research Center, Bangalore.
- Yenapoya Medical College, Mangalore.
- St.Johns Medical College, Bangalore.
- Amala Institute of Medical Science, Thrissur.
- Amrita Institue of Medical Science, Ernakulam.
- Azeezia Institute of medical Sciecnce, Kollam.
- DM Wayanad Institute of Medical Science, Wayanad.
- Jubilee Mission Medical College and Research Institute, Thrissur.
- Kannur Medical College, Kannur.
- Karuna Medical College, Palakkad.
- KMCT Medical College, Kozhikode.
- Malabar Medical College, Kozhikode.
- MES Medical College, Malappuram.
- Pushpagiri Institute of Medical Science and Research Center, Thiruvalla.
- Sree Gokulam Medical College Trust and Research Foundation, Trivandrum.
- MG Medical College and Research Institute, Pondicherry.
- Pondicherry Institute of Medical Science and Research, Pondicherry.
- Srilakshmi Narayana Institute of Medical Science, Pondicherry.
- Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College and Hospital, Pondicherry.
- Sri Venkateshwara Medical College, Hospital and Research Center, Pondicherry.
- Vinayaka Mission Medical College, Pondicherry.
- ACS Medical College and Hospital, Chennai.
- Dhanalakshmi Srinivasa Medical College and Hospital, Trichy.
- Karppagam faculty of Medical Science and Research, Coimbatore.
- Meenakshi Medical College and Research Institue, Chennai.
- PSG Institute of Medical Science, Coimbatore.
- Saveetha Medical College and Hospital, Chennai.
- Shri Sathya Sai Medical College and Research Institute, Chennai.
- Shri Balaji Medical College and Hospital, Chennai.
- SRM Medical College, hospital and Research Center, Chennai.
- Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research institute, Chennai.
- Tagore Medical College and Hospital, Chennai.
- SRM Medical College, Trichy.
- Vinayaka Mission Medical College, Salem.
- Rohilkhand Medical College, Bariely.
- Era Medical College, Lucknow.
- Rama Medical College and Hospital, Kanpur.
- Santosh Medical College, Ghaziabad.
- Saraswathi Institute of Medical Science, Hapur.
There are many more top private medical colleges in India. This list is just to give you an idea about MBBS admission in some medical college.
I guess in this article I had tried my best to give you all the information regarding MBBS admission in India. If you found this article informative, please do share it with your friends, family, and people in need. If you have got any queries to feel free to comment below or contact us using the click to call button below.
You might be reading this information if you were looking for information regarding MBBS Admission 2019 and related questions.
MBBS Admission: The Ultimate Guide
This is the best and ultimate guide available online about MBBS admission.